Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sydney Seager

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hayley

Hayley Report 29 Jan 2005 19:21

I am looking for my g.grandfather. His name was Sydney Seager and was born in Newington, London in 1876, however i can't find him again till his marriage in 1899, on no censuses or anything. He was also known as Syd. I also can't find his parents. If anyone can help me I would be truely grateful

Heather

Heather Report 29 Jan 2005 19:22

Just a mention, Seager is a very Norfolk name. If you have found his marriage you can get his marriage certificate which will give his fathers name and occupation and therefore a further lead backwards. Where did he marry? And how do you know his birth date?

Heather

Heather Report 29 Jan 2005 19:28

Is this him in 1891 Seager, Arthur O 1 Bermondsey, N Son Lambeth London Seager, Elizabeth 33 Bermondsey, N Wife Lambeth London Seager, Henry 7 Bermondsey, N Son Lambeth London Seager, Roland E 11 Bermondsey, N Son Lambeth London Seager, Sydney J 8 Bermondsey, N Son Lambeth London Seager, Walter F 17 Bermondsey, N Son Lambeth London Seager, Walter L 38 London City, N Head Lambeth London There this lot in 1881 who havent named a son yet Catherine Seager abt 1852 Bermondsey, Surrey, England Wife Bermondsey Catherine H. Seager abt 1873 Bermondsey, Surrey, England Daughter Bermondsey George A. Seager abt 1853 Bermondsey, Surrey, England Head Bermondsey Infant Seager abt 1881 Bermondsey, Surrey, England Son Bermondsey Louisa S. Seager abt 1877 Bermondsey, Surrey, England Daughter Bermondsey Rosina M. Seager abt 1872 Bermondsey, Surrey, England Daughter Bermondsey

Hayley

Hayley Report 29 Jan 2005 19:31

No thats not him, his name was Sydney Herbert x How do I get a marriage certificate for him? I founf his birth and marriage on the freebmd site, does the certificate definitely give a fathers name?

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Jan 2005 19:34

Unless he was illegitimate his father's name and occupation should appear on the birth and marriage certs. Birth cert should also give his mother's maiden name. nell

Heather

Heather Report 29 Jan 2005 19:39

I would keep that information anyway as its not a common name and they are all living in the same area as your guy. They are very probably related to him and will come in useful later on. To get his marriage certificate you use the reference you have found on bmd and then go to the GRO online order site and put in the details and send them with £7 from a credit or debit card. Ditto the birth cert which will give his mothers name.

Hayley

Hayley Report 29 Jan 2005 19:39

He was married in St Saviour in 1899 and then again in 1903 in what comes under Tendering so where would i beable to get these marriage certificates, or even Birth Certificates?

Heather

Heather Report 29 Jan 2005 19:41

See my answer - thankyou. There is a family of Seagers working in Kent who may be related - you can look it up on the 1891.