Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Keeping Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rebekah

Rebekah Report 29 Jan 2005 14:28

Hi everyone, I have just started Family tree-ing, and would love to know what software people recommend for keeping all the records of information. This is only a hobby so I don't want to spend a fortune. Thanks, Beki

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 29 Jan 2005 14:30

Hi Bekki How about a free program then? If you go to the LDS site - www.familysearch.org - they have the PAF program free to download Jeanette x

Valerie

Valerie Report 29 Jan 2005 16:37

Hi Beki, You wrote. 'This is only a hobby so I don't want to spend a fortune'. Ha Ha, you'll learn - this is not a hobby, it quickly becomes an addiction and it will keep you poor! good luck and welcome to our world. Val

Joanne

Joanne Report 29 Jan 2005 16:42

I'm addicted, and poor. and a student, which doesn't help!

Deborah

Deborah Report 29 Jan 2005 16:43

Hi Rebekah, Welcome, and good luck with your research. As Katherine says, you'll end up spending money (lots of it) sooner or later. So a free program will help. Apart from the LDS one Jeanette mentioned Legacy is also very good. Available as a free download from: www.legacyfamilytree*com Replace the * with a . Debbie