Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just Do It!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 28 Jan 2005 14:41

Although I have been transcribing for the Leeds Register Office for the YorkshireBMD site for a while, this isn't my area of interest. Most of my ancestors were from East Yorkshire and I was getting more and more miffed every time I went on YorkshireBMD to see that loads of records had been added for Leeds but not for my areas. Anyway, I've just been in contact with the Register Office in Beverley who hold the BMD records for East Yorkshire, and I will soon be transcribing my part of the county. So if there is a local BMD site for the area you're researching and you would like to help out, just give them a ring. Jeanette x

Jack

Jack Report 28 Jan 2005 15:00

Good for you, Jeanette! We're all very good at knocking transcribers when we find errors but forget that if they hadn't given their time to do this kind of thing, none of us would have the ease of access to information that we take for granted here online. After your message about FreeCen transcription volunteers the other week, I've decided to have a go by the way. Apologies in advance to anyone who'll be tearing their hair out when I make a bodge! Jack

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 28 Jan 2005 15:09

Lol Jack! I'm glad you've decided to give it a go. Have you got your disc yet and which area are you doing? Everybody.........FreeCen are short of people to check the work the transcribers have done, so if you fancy it, drop them a line. The more people we have transcribing and checking, the sooner it will be online Jeanette x

Jack

Jack Report 28 Jan 2005 15:20

The disc (Northallerton area 1861) is on its way. Some of my relatives moved the short distance to Middlesbrough and environs from there (most of my lot are still on Teesside) but were still in situ at that point. Fingers crossed I can manage it! Jack

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 28 Jan 2005 15:56

Great stuff! Well if you need help you can always ask Carol or I'll try and help if I can. Good luck! Jeanette x

Heather

Heather Report 28 Jan 2005 17:25

Ive got all the Bonifaces of Sussex to do, been putting it off since Christmas, better work my butt off over weekend. (My line of Bonifaces go back to 1550)