Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1837+ all that , for newbies

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 28 Jan 2005 09:34

If you are new to all this, as I am!..........the 1837 web site is brilliant as it lists all records births/marriages+deaths. Iwas VERY wary about downloading programs so, although i did know the site had not gone any further............HOWEVER listening to folks on here gave me the confidence+encouragement i needed...the only drawback is it does cost money, although is pretty reasonable. I have now found that my BM died when i was only months old..sad but at least now I know....so while i am here A BIG THANK YOU to everyone...........If you are new Just ask your questions however daft they may seem. Ann x

Sheila

Sheila Report 28 Jan 2005 09:38

Hi Ann, I got your e-mail last night :O( and I have sent you a reply, so sorry sweetheart. Speak to you soon. Sheila

Alan

Alan Report 28 Jan 2005 09:52

Welcome to the site. I find this site to be full of nice people.

Seasons

Seasons Report 28 Jan 2005 11:10

Afraid not It just gives the quarters and reference numbers to purchase the certificate unlike Scotlandspeople where you can get to see the actual information.