Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I find someone that has moved??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Russell

Russell Report 28 Jan 2005 01:29

I am searching for my birth mother and traked her till 1978... The family moved address's....and I can't find where too?? I know her name, year of birth and my details....Is there anyway to find out where they moved to??? Desperate help needed as I need medical info from family... And I have been given info by someone claiming she married in 1982-83, has 2 children and lives in the town where i live now!! By the looks of it these are lies..... Tried local library with no success.... Any help or advice please!!

Crista

Crista Report 28 Jan 2005 01:34

Russell, Have you tried Joan Allen at www.myfolks.net She is great. You will see she is mentioned on the first page of the Success Stories Section. Crista

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Jan 2005 01:35

Russell Have e mailed you! Lou

Crista

Crista Report 28 Jan 2005 02:01

Russell, You need to report that evil person asking for money. Crista

Sheila

Sheila Report 28 Jan 2005 08:38

Hi Russell, I have e-mailed you direct. Sheila

Smiley

Smiley Report 28 Jan 2005 09:34

Hi Russell, I've just answered your message Regards Sam

Sheila

Sheila Report 28 Jan 2005 09:35

Hi Terry, Is this an old version of the uk info disk, I have the 2003/4 Proffessional version and I was thought this was taken from the 2003 electoral roll, I know there are older versions around but I think mine is version 9 or 10 what is yours? Sheila

Seasons

Seasons Report 28 Jan 2005 11:28

Check out their last known address on the electors roll. Who were the neighbours - are they still there? Search previous and subsequent electors roll for neighbours and see if you can locate them in current electors roll. Unusual names are great for this. I contacted subsequent neighbours who had moved in and found she was the neighbour's daughter who had moved into her parents home then moved again and she gave me some info. Might be worth a walk down the road and knocking on doors of long standing inhabitants. They might not know anything but may give you name of someone who does!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Jan 2005 11:29

Hi All I'm not sure whether Russell is around this morning so I thought I'd add a posting to save everyone any more trouble. Crista in the US located the address of the person Russell is looking for last night and has given it to him. Lou

Seasons

Seasons Report 28 Jan 2005 12:05

Oh that's brilliant - a result

Crista

Crista Report 28 Jan 2005 12:08

Hi Lou, Don't forget you were the one who found her new name. Crista

Smiley

Smiley Report 28 Jan 2005 22:21

Russell sent me a message asking for this info also, spent all morning putting it together, I didn't realise he already had it :( Did you find childrens names as well? Just wondering if I still have anything he doesn't Sam

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Jan 2005 22:23

Sammy We didn't get as far as children's names. I think the info he got last night was a lot for him to take in! Lou

Smiley

Smiley Report 28 Jan 2005 22:33

Ok thanks Lou, it was today he sent me a message, perhaps he just wants to see what everyone had Sam