Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Also for sale these family photo albums...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nantwich

Nantwich Report 27 Jan 2005 22:46

Kind of sad to see these for sale (e-bay)...:( Edwardian photograph album (24cm x 29cm x 7cm) with family photographs/portraits.  It belonged to Ellen Bertha DABBS (born 1889) of Sussex and was given to her on her 21st birthday (i.e. 1910).  Padded black leather cover has art nouveau decoration and nicely detailed clip.  Corners a little scuffed and base of spine leather has come away.  Some pages contain beautiful colour illustrations.  Pages are gilt-edged boards.  Sarah

maryjane-sue

maryjane-sue Report 27 Jan 2005 23:05

I often look on ebay for things too - and i almost find it frustrating that i cant put those things with the people they belong to. I recently came across a bundle of wills/pastports/phots and other papers, all relating to one family in the town i am researching. I even did a search here to find names to match and sent them messages - have no idea if they got it tho. Did you look up Dabbs on here?

Sidami

Sidami Report 27 Jan 2005 23:07

Sarah, where did you find them on ebay? Sue

Nantwich

Nantwich Report 27 Jan 2005 23:09

I just put search terms such as "family bibles" or "family photograph albums" in the search box. There is also alot of war medals on there. Sarah

maryjane-sue

maryjane-sue Report 28 Jan 2005 00:03

Another good search is Collectables > Paper & Ephemera