Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Could anyone do a 1901 look up please???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kate

Kate Report 26 Jan 2005 20:16

Hello there, I'd be really really grateful if anyone that has access to the 1901 census could do a household look up for me? Or tell me where the best place to go is: I know that the following people were in the household: (my great great uncles) Thomas Staniforth - born about 1886 Edmund Staniforth - born about 1892 John Staniforth - born about 1895 Many many thanks, Kate.

Kate

Kate Report 26 Jan 2005 20:24

Hi Lou, I'm so sorry - I completely forgot! They lived and were born in Manchester - but I don't know the names of their parents. Thanks for your help, Kate.

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Jan 2005 20:25

I'll have a look

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Jan 2005 20:25

From the 1901 census index: Name Age WhereBorn AdminCounty Civil Parish Occupation Thomas Staniforth 15 Lanc Manchester Manchester South Manchester Stable Boy Edmund: Edmund Staniforth 9 Lancashire Manchester Manchester South Manchester John: Edmund Staniforth 9 Lancashire Manchester Manchester South Manchester There was only one Edmund & John the right age so I guessed Thomas (several of this name) was the one born Manchester. Sorry I don't have credits so can't look up the image, but it looks like these are all the same family. nell

Kate

Kate Report 26 Jan 2005 20:27

Thanks Nell, that would be them I think.

Crista

Crista Report 26 Jan 2005 20:28

Kate, Try out the Census Decoder at www.censusdecoder.*com You can group families together. They are at 78 Morton Street Name Age in 1901 Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish County/Island View Image Annie Staniforth 13 Manchester, Lancashire, England Daughter South Manchester Lancashire Bertha Staniforth 19 Manchester, Lancashire, England Daughter South Manchester Lancashire Clara Staniforth 22 Manchester, Lancashire, England Daughter South Manchester Lancashire Edmund Staniforth 9 Manchester, Lancashire, England Son South Manchester Lancashire John Staniforth 51 Eccles, Lancashire, England Head South Manchester Lancashire John Staniforth 6 Manchester, Lancashire, England Son South Manchester Lancashire Louie Staniforth 12 Manchester, Lancashire, England Daughter South Manchester Lancashire Louisa Staniforth 46 Ludlow, Shropshire, England Wife South Manchester Lancashire Thomas Staniforth 24 Manchester, Lancashire, England Son South Manchester Lancashire Crista

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Jan 2005 20:28

Annie Staniforth 13 Manchester, Lancashire, England Daughter South Manchester Lancashire Bertha Staniforth 19 Manchester, Lancashire, England Daughter South Manchester Lancashire Clara Staniforth 22 Manchester, Lancashire, England Daughter South Manchester Lancashire Edmund Staniforth 9 Manchester, Lancashire, England Son South Manchester Lancashire John Staniforth 51 Eccles, Lancashire, England Head South Manchester Lancashire John Staniforth 6 Manchester, Lancashire, England Son South Manchester Lancashire Louie Staniforth 12 Manchester, Lancashire, England Daughter South Manchester Lancashire Louisa Staniforth 46 Ludlow, Shropshire, England Wife South Manchester Lancashire Thomas Staniforth 24 Manchester, Lancashire, England Son South Manchester Lancashire Same as Nell and Crista I think. Send me your e mail if you want the image

Kate

Kate Report 26 Jan 2005 20:32

Thanks everyone for your help - I've got lots more names now! You're all the best. x