Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HOW DO YOU REMOVE TROJAN HORSES?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 26 Jan 2005 03:26

PLEASE CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET RID OF TROJAN HORSES ? i HAVE GOOGLED BUT TO NO AVAIL. AND IVE BE INTO SYMANTIC BUT THEY ARE NOT ON THE LIST OF FIXES YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THEY ARE CALLED CONNECTED 2.E .AND CONNECTED 2.D.EMAILED AVG AND THEY SAID NO TECHNICAL HELP FOR FREE AVG , THEY TELL ME THEY ARE THERE AND GIVE ME A DIALOGUE BOX WITH 3 LITTLE BOXES FIRST ONE SAYS SEND TO VIRUS VAULT CLICKED ON IT ITS SAYS CAN'T DO, SECOND ONE SAYS HEAL ,SAME ANSWER ,THIRD BOX SAYS REMOVE FILE SAME ANSWER ALOT OF GOOD THAT IS MAKES YOU WONDER IF THESE PREVENTION PROGRAMS THAT ARE FREE ACTUALLY PUT THESE THINGS INTO YOUR PC TO GET YOU TO BUY THEIR PRODUCT ,HELP NEEDED YOU CAN SEE HOW ITS AFFECTING ME I'M BECOMING VERY CYNICAL REGARDS LARAINE. SORRY ABOUT CAPITALS BUT ONLY REALISED HALF WAY THROUGH MESSAGE I'M TOO SLOW TO START AGAIN

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 26 Jan 2005 07:04

Thanks Jon I went to that site and downloaded the cleaner but it didn''t find the sneaky b's so I have sent Moosoft an Email as they request you do when you know you have them and their cleaner doesn't find them and hopefully they'll get back to me and help with getting rid of them Thanks a lot Jon I will let you know what happens regards Laraine

Diane-Lee

Diane-Lee Report 26 Jan 2005 07:30

Hi Lara , I use spybot search & destroy(free download) and also Spysweeper again free and A.V.G Try googling www(.)shareware(.)com Look for free downloads for Trojan removals Hope you sort it out goodluck regards Diane

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 26 Jan 2005 08:06

If You know the names of the trojan, then a look on the Mcafee site might help you decide how to clean it up......... I know Mcaffee is not free, but the info, is go here to find your virus...... http://vil.nai.*com/vil/default.asp