Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trim Workhouse

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 25 Jan 2005 20:41

Can anyone tell me how I find a list of people who attended a workhouse, I have just found out my grandmother was born in Trim work house Co Meath, her mothers name is on the birth cert but her mothers date of birth or any other information is not down. There is no fathers name (hence the reason she was born there probably). Many thanks

Sheila

Sheila Report 25 Jan 2005 21:11

You might be interested in this site with photos of Trim workhouse - remove brackets. http://users(.)ox(.)ac(.)uk/~peter/workhouse/Trim/Trim(.)html The site gives you a link to Meath County library where the records are kept. Hope you find what you are looking for. Sheila