Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Deaths My be The End..But Marriages Are just As Ba

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 25 Jan 2005 16:11

I was just sitting here trawling through Ancestry for the death of my GG Grandfather and thinking how hard it is to find deaths and for that matter marriages. I sit looking into my crystal ball trying to decide how hale and hearty John Birch may have been. I know he was born in 1840 and I also know he was still around,aged 61 in the 1901 in Liverpoool. So, I think, try deaths of John Birch in 1910 in Liverpool....Ihave tried all sorts of dates from 1901 , but zilch. Why my mum had to be a Birch and my dad a Miller , I do not know . Why couldn't my father have been Marmaduke Cholmondely, for goodness sake. then i may have had sopme luck tracing our ancestors. With marriages , I look at when the first child was born and look for marriages around that year or one or two before. I will have to get into FRC or Soc. Gen. but it is so nice and warm sitting at my PC, I would rather moan to all of you. Do you all have the same problems?

Amelia

Amelia Report 25 Jan 2005 16:16

yes regulary! I have been trying to find a relative who was supposed to have killed her self but have no birth or death cert! and she has an usuall name! Ever wonder if they go missing at the records office!?

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 25 Jan 2005 16:30

Oh Ann, I do sympathise :-((( My were never born, married, or died, and they vanished off the face of the earth after they registered my Gt grandad, that is the only record I have that they ever existed! You would not want an uncommon surname I can asure you! I have been looking for Buddell for the last 2 years, my gt Aunt was transcribed at Beaddekk!! Give me Birch anyday!! Kim :-))

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 25 Jan 2005 17:51

I've been trying to help my boyfriends Mum find an elusive rellie - she has her birth cert - but we can find not a trace of a marriage or a death anywhere - but we keep trying, that's all part of the challenge eh? lol

Seasons

Seasons Report 25 Jan 2005 18:14

In 1901 had ancestor who gave birth to her son (only child?) living with husband in Burnley on census and birth certificate. Can find husband living with his father at Chadderton in 1891 but there's so many with the same name in same area - either that or he's a serial bigamist. Haven't found his death yet but probably in Bradford. Nor his wife's death who's supposedly died when baby was toddler in Salford - no trace either married name or maiden name!!!!!! All I can think of was a time machine arrived in 1901 and she departed again after giving birth!!!!

Heather

Heather Report 25 Jan 2005 18:30

Try a bit further on for Grandad, mine were in their late 80's or 90's when they went.

Jools

Jools Report 25 Jan 2005 22:23

Possible deaths for John Surname Forename1 Forename2 Forename3 AAD District Page No Event Quarter Year Birch John 66 West Derby.8b 226 Death 2 1909 Birch John 69 West Derby.8b 402 Death 4 1909