Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Louise

Louise Report 25 Jan 2005 15:12

I keep seeing Heather Martin's name cropping up- seems to be a mine of information, this girl! I'm really new to all this and not sure what I'm doing. Heather, (or anyone else for that matter) How do I find birth/death cert for someone with only a name and approx year of birth to go on? Sorry to sound so dense but it's frustrating the hell outta me! Lou. /

Val

Val Report 25 Jan 2005 15:54

You get birth certificate for person then get marriage certificate then get for death certificate if it was on scottish web site easy but on like 1837 will cost a bit as they go by year and quarter if it is quarter and find marriage will give other last name of person then try death but you need to try and work out what age got married and the length of life span

Heather

Heather Report 25 Jan 2005 17:21

Believe me, I am not an expert. I have only been at this a year and every day I am learning! There are MUCH more experienced people on here than me, thank goodness, who have helped me incredibly when I am being a thicko. I am probably on here a lot cos I am a sad anorak! Got my "proper" work piling up round me as we speak. Luckily I work from home so I can go on to midnight to try and catch up. But give us what you have got so we can all see if we can help you.

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jan 2005 18:13

Louise What is the name of the person, and the approx year of birth, and how did you find out about their existence? nell

Heather

Heather Report 25 Jan 2005 18:59

Louise, Ive mailed you. As I understand it, you have found the birth and death of this person but you need further confirmation it is the right man.