Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any experts on Yorkshire...North or East riding..p

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 23 Jan 2005 10:42

hi My ancestors were from Bishop Wilton, Full Sutton, Easingwold, Huthwaite, Huggate areas of Yorkshire. What registration area would that be?? I need to know so I can find the families on family relatives site & none of these places are on it. Thanks

Mystified

Mystified Report 23 Jan 2005 12:11

The North and East Riding can be confusing with various boundary changes etc. Easingwoldis covered by Great Ouseburn, Helmsley (the likeliest), Malton,Ripon, Thirsk and York From 1852 to 1946 Yorkshire is covered by 9A to 9D Hope this helps

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 23 Jan 2005 12:35

Thanks John. I'll see what I can find in those places. cheers

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 23 Jan 2005 20:47

I've bookmarked this page: http://www.fhsc.org.uk/genuki/REG/ It gives you the lists of what place was in which District for registration purposes. Very useful! Christine