Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Djvu and IE (explorer)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Jan 2005 23:13

After saving 1837 files to my computer, when trying to view them, explorer cuts in with a security warning saying it wont let active x files run. however there is a button to click to allow them to run, but each file requires the same action..........very longwinded. can I somehow disable the explorer warning?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Jan 2005 23:25

Itis ok when on the site, only plays up when I use saved files..........

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 22 Jan 2005 23:33

Try tools/internet options/advanced "allow active content to run in files on my computer" Bob

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Jan 2005 23:39

Thanks, Bob, have sussed it myself, but you beat me, to the post!!!! thanks anyway........... I went control panel-internet opts.......... advanced, security........etc......

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 22 Jan 2005 23:49

This is not very satisfactory though and it can be better to turn it back on after a viewing session. Even better is to view with another browser like Firefox. Bob

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 22 Jan 2005 23:53

Another way is to copy the files to CD and they should run if "allow active content to run from CD" is checked. Bob