Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WINDOW XP SP2 HELP

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

shropgirl

shropgirl Report 22 Jan 2005 21:45

Thank you Cat Woman (Anne ) for your advice. What I want to know please. ANYONE I went to Add Remove, its on there tho it said it couldnt install. it hasnt taken any megabites up. When I try to remove it says it will interfere with what I have on my computer. DARE I REMOVE ?

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 22 Jan 2005 21:48

Hiya Joan, because this SP2 is Microsoft,I`ve read somewhere that you can`t completely `remove` it. If it`s not bothering you, or interupting any other programmes, best just forget it`s there. Baz

shropgirl

shropgirl Report 22 Jan 2005 21:49

Baz Guess you are right. Thanks Joan

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 22 Jan 2005 21:51

old know it all sitting here with me says....sp2 isnt worth having.... Over to the REAL know it alls lol Gerri (a know nuffink!)

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 22 Jan 2005 22:33

Hi Joan I removed it because it was interfering with my security programmes it kept disabling my anti virus I had no problems removing it and no problems since Bren