Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family relatives site, think they've found out abo

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 22 Jan 2005 17:57

They have just suspended my account. Must have just realised that the site isnt charging people. Oh well, knew it had to happen. Wonder if they will send a bill. Margaret

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 22 Jan 2005 18:09

Ive just been on and had a look at 'my account details' and it says what I purchased what was given to me and what Ive used. Its all laid out like a bank statement so well worth a look. Sheila

JackieInCardiff

JackieInCardiff Report 22 Jan 2005 18:15

Just logged back into the site and i've still got my (free) credits. I,m sure they will find their error soon though!! Jackie

Heather

Heather Report 22 Jan 2005 18:19

Well, everyone else seems to have been given free credits - I have been charged twice - same date and time given for the purchase! I have made a strong complaint. They will have to get their act together if they want that site to be successful.

Heather

Heather Report 22 Jan 2005 18:19

Jackie, click on "my account" to see if you really have got them free

Margaret

Margaret Report 22 Jan 2005 18:24

Heather We haven't given any credit card details Margaret

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 22 Jan 2005 18:29

I've just had a look at my account - it details every search made - now I remember that once you have paid to view a search - you can return to it free of charge for 3 months after. Dont forget that the units expire too - it shows the date of expiry at the top of your account details. Anne

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Jan 2005 18:30

I wasn't given any free credits anyway! Unless they haven't taken the money from the bank! Lou

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Jan 2005 18:31

Oh! I had 58 credits the last time I looked. I now have 158 and I've not used it since last night!

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 22 Jan 2005 18:31

ive been suspended aswell:( ive gone into my account and it tells me to register!!! i only want to print off what i have found aswell what a bummer!! lol susie

JackieInCardiff

JackieInCardiff Report 22 Jan 2005 18:34

Hi Heather. I didn't give any card details to the site. I have been trying to get on the site for most of today and I kept getting chucked off. When I did manage to get in I noticed I had 60 credits! My account says I bought 60 credits, but how? Unless they send out an invoice!! maybee... Jackie

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 22 Jan 2005 18:44

i have just found this on terms and conditions However, due to the nature of the Internet, this cannot be guaranteed. Also, your access to the website may from time to time be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for maintenance or improvements or for the introduction of new services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspensions or restrictions and where possible will forewarn our customers on the Homepage. praps we havent been booted off after all lol susie