Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brick wall tumbles

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KiwiChris

KiwiChris Report 21 Jan 2005 20:01

Just a few minutes ago I received information with the year and place of birth of my ggg grandfather Thomas Hickton, that I had been searching for for 3 years!!!!! He is not a member of the family that we thought he probably belonged to, so I have a fair bit of deleting to do on my family tree, I was getting rather fond of those people too! And I had them back to the 1400s! To Joan Rutledge from Warwick who offered to go "almost next door" to the Warwickshire Regimental museum, and went a lot further than that, many many thanks. To third cousin Gloria who looked for much longer than me and died last year, thanks for telling him to get in touch, and can you please tell young Sam to do likewise! To all of you out there who read this, don't give up. Believe as I did that there is somebody out there who has the missing information, you just have to find them! Christine in NZ

Heather

Heather Report 21 Jan 2005 20:03

I can feel your happiness - can you ask your cousin to pass on same message to my lot up there please. So glad for you.

Patricia

Patricia Report 21 Jan 2005 20:56

So glad for you, it must be great! Ask them to ask my William when and where he may have died or at least where he was born!

Heather

Heather Report 21 Jan 2005 21:10

Get in line, Pat!