Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help ive messed up!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kazzie

Kazzie Report 21 Jan 2005 16:54

After visiting records office today I have found out the people ive added as a persons parents are infact his aunt and uncle so my tree on them is all wrong how do I delete it to put right as keeps saying cant delete them Karin

Heather

Heather Report 21 Jan 2005 17:01

Is it possible to edit them? Go into the father's details and see if it will allow you to change his name. Heather

Kazzie

Kazzie Report 21 Jan 2005 17:05

Thanks Dawn and Heather will try this,dont really want to delete whole lot as quite a lot of them Karin

Kazzie

Kazzie Report 22 Jan 2005 18:35

Still having problems deleted most and put in right place exept 1 keeps saying cant delete as has multiple relations any more suggestions?

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 22 Jan 2005 19:57

I did the same thing, added granny twice. I Had to delete every name connected to her, her bothers sisters, children the lot.then when I got to her name and it said was I sure I wanted to delete her, I came out in a cold sweat lol. It did leave my grandfather and all his connections,minus the children(9 of them argh) I thought I was going to delete the lot! I did take note of all I had added though.just in case. good luck Marion

Kazzie

Kazzie Report 22 Jan 2005 21:09

Yep sue thats what it keeps saying

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 22 Jan 2005 21:40

Karen....I had the same problem....I put a help thread in here and this is what I got.... Go to www.familysearch and download their free family search software. Export your tree from GC as a gedcom Import it to your new program Edit it there Export it as a Gedcom in Ansel format Import the corrected file to GC This is much easier to edit your names even when off line, then you can transfer it back here. Also....i's a back up file of all your hard work.... Good luck Gerri x