Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

is there some one out there willing to help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KM1978

KM1978 Report 21 Jan 2005 11:38

i have had a lot of help from people on here would any one be kind enough to help me again please i need 2 marrage look ups patrick keough walsall staffs around 1912ish and james keough walsall staffs to catherine poss jennings late 1850s to early 1860s any help would be great thanks

KM1978

KM1978 Report 21 Jan 2005 11:48

thanks for trying any one else got any ideas

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 21 Jan 2005 12:35

Hi, Have you looked on 1837online? The marriages will probably be there but you have to pay to search their indexes. Or you could search the fiche in a library, record office or LDS centre. Gwynne

Heather

Heather Report 21 Jan 2005 12:54

If you look on the home page there are lots of links and info for people who have just started to explain how to look up. As you know, I found a lot of info for you yesterday from the ancestry site, it may be worth you subscribing to them if you are going to do a lot of research. The marriage look up would have been found on the free bmd site or family search - both free for you to look. They arent complete, so if they arent on there then you go to 1837online and buy credits to look at the likely years. As the name had been mistrancribed on most of the census years I found, I feel its quite likely the marriage refs could also have a wrongly spelt Keough or Kough.

Angela

Angela Report 21 Jan 2005 14:39

There is a really good website for Staffs BMD's. I found a birth year on it that I had been looking for for ages. It seems to be complete, unlike FreeBMD. I found it by putting Staffordshire BMD into Google.

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 21 Jan 2005 18:33

I think Walsall will be on the W Midlands site, which hasn't been updated since Dec 2003, for some reason. There's a list of Local BMD sites on http://www.ukbmd.org.uk Christine

KarenInScotland

KarenInScotland Report 22 Jan 2005 00:54

On familyrelatives I found Patrick J Keough married in Walsall, Q4, 1914, Spouse's surname - Whitehouse. Ref: 6b 1486. Hope this helps - Karen

Judy

Judy Report 22 Jan 2005 07:49

Perhaps one of the two below is your James? JAMES STAFF Male Family Event(s): Birth: Christening: Death: Burial: Marriages: Spouse: CATHERINE MC KINLEY Family Marriage: 05 OCT 1845 All Saints, Norwich, Norfolk, England ---------------------------------------------------------------------- James Staff Male Family Event(s): Birth: 1823 Norwich, Norfolk, England Christening: Death: Burial: Marriages: Spouse: Catherine Staff Family Marriage: < 1848> <Norwich, Norfolk, England>