Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How Can I?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris

Chris Report 21 Jan 2005 11:06

Does any one have any idea how i can find a birth when i dont know where she was born all i have is her fathers name.........really struggling with this Christine

Chris

Chris Report 21 Jan 2005 11:16

Hi Jess this is all i know she was born in 1900 she was married in Blackburn LANCASHIRE in 1931 on her certificate her father is Benjamin Clarke (decesed ) Christine

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 21 Jan 2005 11:22

Hi Christine She should give an address where she was livng at the time of the marriage. It may or may not be her home address. Perhaps you could look at the electoral rolls for the time. Or have a look on the 1901 census to see who was living at that address then. Are there any witnesses that could be family members? Jeanette x

Chris

Chris Report 21 Jan 2005 11:22

SORRY Jess im having a really bad day this has took over my life...her name was Doris Clarke Christine

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 21 Jan 2005 11:26

Not sure if you know her first name, - do you? Can you find a Benjamin CLARKE in the 1901 census with a daughter born c. the previous year?

Chris

Chris Report 21 Jan 2005 11:47

Hi Jess Thank you very much i will keep this on file as i said i have no idea where she was born iv checked all the births for 1900 in Blackburn but there isnt any so this could be a possibility thanks again Christine