Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ordering certs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 21 Jan 2005 02:09

Where do I order certs on line plz?

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 21 Jan 2005 02:13

I sent for a few certs some time ago and still waiting....I have alarm bells ringing....all I can find is....WorldPay CARD transaction Confirmation .......have i been conned? Gerri

Gordon

Gordon Report 21 Jan 2005 03:22

You haven't been conned, they have been incredibly swamped. You will get the certificate, but expect it to take about a month to arrive. Gord

Lynda

Lynda Report 21 Jan 2005 03:27

they are so busy at the moment...my certs ordered in early Dec meant to be posted Christmas Eve were actually printed out on Jan 6th so just give them some more time you'll get your order. Lynda

Angela

Angela Report 21 Jan 2005 15:15

I am also waiting for a certificate that I ordered on-line. They must be really busy because others that I have bought have come quite quickly.

Ken

Ken Report 21 Jan 2005 15:21

I have ordered two lots of certs. since Christmas and they came through in 7 days. I ordered by phone with all the relevant details. Ken

Geoff

Geoff Report 21 Jan 2005 15:28

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificate/index.asp#0

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 21 Jan 2005 18:37

A few of the Local BMD sites allow you to order online - although most only allow you to search and then download a part-completed application from to post. However, I've found that the service is at last as fast as GRO-online! Fees are the same. There's a list on http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/ Christine

Heather

Heather Report 21 Jan 2005 18:39

I waited nearly a month before Xmas. Just order another and been given 14 days for despatch (including weekend). We shall see.

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 21 Jan 2005 18:50

Worldpay is the body the GRO use to collect payment, so your transaction is perfectly secure and the GRO has received your payment. It's probably sitting in a pile on someone's desk.

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 21 Jan 2005 19:07

The certs I ordered recently from local BMDs came through pretty much by return of post. The one I phoned up for & paid by credit card - they said it could take 3-4 days normally, and a bit lnger for family history (rather than current need) applications - arrived within 48 hours. Christine