Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

please please please please help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Richard

Richard Report 20 Jan 2005 23:29

i have located who think is my father on this site a david munro watt 1948 he was put on by some one else is there any way of finding further details about the person as they are not replying to my replys such as date they put him on ect if you can help that would be great its been a long 27 years i know he was married and i think he had a son called richard david watt just dont know where to go from here

Smiley

Smiley Report 21 Jan 2005 09:08

If that person doesn't reply you cannot do anything I'm afraid, I see he has also put Maureen Anne Watt b1957 and Shirley Watt b1960.. possible daughter of David maybe? You can look through the list of Watt names on this site, and anyone in his tree will say "contacted" by them, unless you delete your message to him. Sorry I couldn't be more help, keep sending messages, perhaps he's not online very often. Good Luck Sam

Dave the Tyke

Dave the Tyke Report 21 Jan 2005 09:22

Hi Richard, It took me 57 years but I eventually got there so don't give up. It is possible to get hold of a Uk-info disc which will have current locations and telephone numbers on it. My copy was a freeby from PC format a number of years ago. You do need a location to search unless you are prepared to search the whole country location by location. Best of luck Dave

Crista

Crista Report 21 Jan 2005 09:27

Richard, The person who added him only joined the site a few weeks ago. It looks like he may be David's brother as he is 3 years younger. Crista