Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Geneaology Software

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 20 Jan 2005 20:20

Hi everyone I'm very new to genealogy and am thinking of buying some sotware package to assist me. Has anyone any tips on what I should buy?If possible I would like something extremely easy to use and something that contains Scottish data.I have tried downloading some free stuff but found it impossible to operate! Many thanks Sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Jan 2005 20:26

Hi Susan If you type 'software' or something else relevant into the thread search box, you should come up with some useful information. PAF is free (from the LDS) site and is very good. I have Family Tree Maker, which costs around £30, but is excellent and you can upload to a website. Good luck! Mandy :)

Heather

Heather Report 20 Jan 2005 20:54

Im not sure what you mean by containing Scottish Data? Are you looking for a family tree program or cds of local info? No tree program contains data, you still have to search.