Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Web addy for decoder please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine2

Christine2 Report 20 Jan 2005 20:11

Could anyone tell me the web address for the 1901 census decoder please. I have the icon on my desktop but on the OLD address. I keep trying to tell my firewall to let it in but of course the address is different now. Does this make any sense?:)))) Chrissie

Louise2212

Louise2212 Report 20 Jan 2005 20:12

can't remember off hand - but google "1901 census decoder"

Christine2

Christine2 Report 20 Jan 2005 20:13

Thanks Louise - I never thought of that :((

Louise2212

Louise2212 Report 20 Jan 2005 20:14

i don't usually when i'm requesting things :D

tinkers

tinkers Report 20 Jan 2005 20:55

can i ask i no its a daft question but what does the census decoder do anne

Dave the Tyke

Dave the Tyke Report 20 Jan 2005 21:17

Anne, Not daft at all, we all wondered about it until someone explained. 1901 gives out single entry lines with coded results for places and individuals. the decoder can group together the individuals into family or place groups. Once set up it is a very powerful starting tool to use before making purchases. good hunting dave