Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do you know of people are still registered

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pauline

Pauline Report 20 Jan 2005 16:45

Hi does anyone know if there is a way of finding out if people who have left a message on the site are still registered....... Thanks In advance

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 20 Jan 2005 16:50

If you have sent them a message then whether they are registered or not they can reply to you. (The only exception would be if GR had removed them for system abuse)

Pauline

Pauline Report 20 Jan 2005 16:52

What about if they have changed the email address would GR know?

Sheila

Sheila Report 20 Jan 2005 17:06

Hi Pauline, Think they would still get the message if their membership had expired, but would have to re-join to reply. If the e-mail adress has changed and they haven't notified GR you would have a problem. Have you got a name I can take a look on my info disk for you if you like. Best Wishes Sheila. ps. Have just realised you said if they have left a message on the TTF board,click onto their name and it should tell you when their membership would run out.

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Jan 2005 17:44

Hi Sheila You can reply to received messages whether or not you're a member - you just can't initiate contact:) David

Pauline

Pauline Report 20 Jan 2005 18:02

Hi Sheila The message was added by Charmaine Member no-1016960 RE: Ross Johnstone Thankyou for your help this is my little brother im trying to find who I hav'nt seen since our dads funeral about 12 years ago.

Sheila

Sheila Report 20 Jan 2005 18:18

Hi Pauline, Just looked Charmaine had not put area of his birth down so I have sent you the list 18 in all in the UK, a lot can be eleiminated as they have a middle inital. Will e-mail you direct with the results, hope this helps. Thanks for the info David I did not think you could reply if the memebrship had run out. Best Wishes Sheila

Pauline

Pauline Report 20 Jan 2005 18:24

Thankyou so much Sheila this is very kind of you Pauline xx

Sue

Sue Report 20 Jan 2005 19:38

Just to confirm, David is right about being able to reply when not a paid up member, I let my membership lapse for a while to test it all out!! Have to say it's not the same on Friends, it can make you look quite rude when you can't reply! Suex