Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 Census Image - Somerset

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth Anne

Elizabeth Anne Report 20 Jan 2005 13:18

Can somebody please tell me why although I can find my relations on the print off page for the 1871 Cenus, having gone through page by page, they are not listed when I touch the main search button. The name was spellt incorrectly on the census print out, Olvey instead of Holvey. I have district Clutton, RG10/2470, Folio 42 Page 19, household schedule number 112. The family was Thomas Holvey age 42 Miner born Camerton,head, living civil parish Paulton, New Pitt 112. Have used many variations to find the family on the search page. Could a family have been on the census but not on the "find" list with names as given on Cenus. The print out of the cenus is not too clear and was hoping to find the "search results page" for a printout. Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated. Elizabeth

Lesley M

Lesley M Report 20 Jan 2005 13:23

Looks like he has been transcribed as CLERY. Thomas Clery 42 Camerton, Somerset, England Head Paulton Somerset Ann Clery 35 Timsbury, Somerset, England Wife Paulton Somerset Mary Clery 12 Paulton, Somerset, England Daughter Paulton Somerset Hannah Clery 9 Paulton, Somerset, England Daughter Paulton Somerset James Clery 2 Paulton, Somerset, England Son Paulton Somerset Alice Clery 1 Paulton, Somerset, England Daughter Paulton Somerset Source information: RG10/2470 Registration district: Clutton Sub-registration district: Clutton ED, institution, or vessel: 11 Folio: 42 Page: 19

Elizabeth Anne

Elizabeth Anne Report 20 Jan 2005 13:34

Thank you so much Lesley, this is the family, wonderful news, very much appreciated. Regards, Elizabeth