Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 - Cant find Great Grandadx2 Eyes please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 20 Jan 2005 11:12

I have William Dixon born 1820 in the 1881 census living 3 Elephant Lane, Rotherhithe (also in the 1871 at No. 5) and I find a death of William age 73 in 1893 at St Olaves, Rotherhithe but cant find him or his wife Maria born 1827 anywhere in 1891. They certainly wouldnt have moved far. So where are they????

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 20 Jan 2005 11:19

Heather Do you have birthplaces for William and Maria please Jeanette x

Heather

Heather Report 20 Jan 2005 11:22

Sorry, both Rotherhithe, Bermondsey, London Surrey

Heather

Heather Report 20 Jan 2005 12:03

No luck either then?

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 20 Jan 2005 12:15

Not really Heather. This is the closest I have got Dixon, Charles 20 Rotherhithe, London Son Rotherhithe London Dixon, Emily 18 Rotherhithe, London Daughter Rotherhithe London Dixon, M 34 Rotherhithe, London Daughter Rotherhithe London Dixon, Marian 60 Rotherhithe, London Head Rotherhithe London Dixon, Rose 16 Rotherhithe, London Daughter Rotherhithe London Dwelling 14 Acorn Place, Rotherhithe Marian is a widow Jeanette x

Heather

Heather Report 20 Jan 2005 12:46

Many thanks for trying. Perhaps they were in an institution - only recorded by initials!!!! The Dixons were a huge family in Rotherhithe - all produced a good dozen kids each who in turn produced a good dozen ad infinitum