Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

stuck in 1826

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 20 Jan 2005 10:07

I have managed to trace my father's family , the Munro's all the way back to 1826. How do I go further? I know my GGG grandfather was Robert H (probably Hugh) Munro born in 1826 and that his wife was called Hephzibah from Birmingham. I would love to know more about Hephzibah and I am trying to find out how the London Munro's are connected to the Scottish family who have always lived near Inverness in Foulis Castle.

Margaret

Margaret Report 20 Jan 2005 10:12

Jennifer Parish Registers next Margaret

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 20 Jan 2005 11:18

Are those available online? If so, do you know where? WHy do I get the feeling that the easy bit is over? :)

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 20 Jan 2005 11:22

hi I just googled munros connected to scottish ancestors and some interesting info came up

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 20 Jan 2005 11:55

The Munros came from Ireland before 1013 but since then have been based in Inverness at Foulis castle. My ancestors (the ones I've found so far) seem to have been East Enders and so I want to know who left Scotland, why and when. The ancient Munro history is lovely stuff but I want to know how I am connected to it if at all.