Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Deleting People Off Your family Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 18 Jan 2005 17:34

I feel rather foolish, because in my zeal I added a couple of people to my family tree on genes Reunited and now find they are not in my family. I have tried hard to get rid of them..but I don't seem to know what to do. I hate to be a pest, but would be grateful if someone could help me to get rid of the cuckoos in my family nest.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 18 Jan 2005 17:39

Hi Ann If you have added any children you will need to delete these first. Jeanette x

Ann

Ann Report 18 Jan 2005 20:12

This person is listed as a sister of my grandfather, but she had no children..does that explain it better?

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 18 Jan 2005 21:12

Ok Ann got wrong end of the stick! Go into Immediate Family on the left of the screen, find the person you want to delete, click on their name and you will then find you have the delete option at the top of the page. Jeanette x