Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Canadian census on line?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hawthorn

Hawthorn Report 18 Jan 2005 14:32

On AncestryPlus it is possible to view the US 1930 census, are there any Canadian census on line later than 1901?

Hawthorn

Hawthorn Report 18 Jan 2005 16:57

Thanks Veronica - Is that Dundas, Toronto?

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Jan 2005 18:03

Hi Veronica Haven't been to Dundas as far as I know but spent lots of time in Guelph, Hamilton, Toronto and Niagara! Lou

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 18 Jan 2005 18:17

Hi Brian; Check out http://www(.)censusfinder(.)com/canada-census-records(.)htm It lists some Canadian census informaion . Teresa in Calgary

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Jan 2005 18:24

Family....My Grandad and his 3 sisters all emigrated in 1929. Grandad came back in 1934 but the others stayed, got married and had children who, in turn, got married and had children etc. I used to come over every couple of years for 3mts at a time till I had the babies. Haven't been now since 2001 but will definitely be over again in the next couple of years cos I want the children to see the place too!

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Jan 2005 18:37

Give you a shout when we make it over...you can put the kettle on!

Hawthorn

Hawthorn Report 18 Jan 2005 18:43

Hi Veronica - I actually thought Dundas was an area of Toronto, not just a street! We have visited Toronto a few times, I have an aunt & uncle who lived in Scarborough but they now live in Peterborough. Wonderful country!!

Hawthorn

Hawthorn Report 18 Jan 2005 18:46

Hi Teresa - Thanks very much, I'll check that out . . . . bet it's cold in Calgary right now!

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 18 Jan 2005 19:28

Hi Brian; It's a balmy plus 7 right now. Just off to pick up my mum and take her out for lunch. Check the site olive tree genealogy too as there are lots of Canadian links there including imigration. Teresa

Gordon

Gordon Report 18 Jan 2005 23:23

There is a 1906 Census available but after that there is nothing available period... there is currently a battle within the Senate of Canada to amend the Statistics Act in order to release the 1911 Census and ones following it.. a few senators are of the opinion that the iron clad degree of privacy granted to Canadian citizens made in 1911 should be followed to the letter of the law and " should not be ignored simply because they are dead".

George

George Report 18 Jan 2005 23:29

try www(.)automatedgenealogy(.)com for 1901 Canada Census and parts of 1906 Canada Census George