Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help in Scotland 1930 ish!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 18 Jan 2005 10:45

How can I find a death in Scotland around this time without using 1837? I will use it if I have too but as this information is so vague could be looking for ages

Lynne

Lynne Report 18 Jan 2005 10:49

Hi Linda Scotlands People does deaths up to 1953. The good thing is that you will be able to look at the actual entry in the register on the site for a very small fee so you will know if its the right person straight away. Lynne

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 18 Jan 2005 11:02

Thanks Lynne. The good thing is I do know his full name and date /place of birth ( not Scotland) but nothing about Scotland other than he went there and died there! Linda x

Val

Val Report 18 Jan 2005 11:22

give me the name will have look for you

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 18 Jan 2005 12:31

Thank you both have found the information I require well worth the six pounds would have cost £7.50 for the cert and lots of 1837 credits. What is interesting is that I didn't know he had been married so looked on the marriages too but it must have been after 1928, so another task in store!! Linda x

Val

Val Report 18 Jan 2005 13:03

no problem