Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1837 online or similar websites

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steve

Steve Report 17 Jan 2005 21:32

wouldn't it be brilliant if you had a site, but instead of putting information into it for it to show you the pages it COULD be on, why not put in as much as you want to narrow down the search, so when you do click on an image you know its going to be the one you want.

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 17 Jan 2005 21:45

www(.)familyrelatives(.)org remove the brackets, does exactly this. Years 1866 - 1920 are fully transcribed and so means you can search by full name and get exact matches. Years 1921 - 1983 is not yet complete, so is only surname searchable and brings up pages that a match could be on. Years 1984 - 2002 is complete and you can search by full name. years 1837 - 1865 are being transcribed at present, so will be on in the future. There has been a big debate about this website on here already, but I think that is because people have misintepreted what it actually provides. I personally think it is very useful and have already found lots of ancestor, I was unable to find on freebmd or 1837.