Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help finding Obituary December 1899Charles Boyton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Louise

Louise Report 17 Jan 2005 20:56

I've been trying to get details of the Obituary of Charles Boyton a Silversmith from Clerkenwell for December 1899. The Horological Society has the info. but I'm not a member. All attempts at getting details from The Times Archive failed. Can anyone help or tell me where to look? All help appreciated. Thanks. Richard Waring

Hawthorn

Hawthorn Report 17 Jan 2005 21:04

Try www(.)NewspaperArchive(.)com remove brackets. You have to register. I haven't registered myself, I just saw the web-site and thought it might be worth a try.

Louise

Louise Report 17 Jan 2005 21:10

Thanks, I've already looked and he's not on there. Richard Waring.

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Jan 2005 23:07

The local newspapers for Islington will will be a microfilmed in the Islington Local History Centre Finsbury Library 245 St John Street London EC1V 4NB. appts. & enquiries 020 7527 7988 email is local*history[at sign]islington.gov.uk replace * with . The Centre is small and an appointment is essential - they are closed on Wednesdays. If its too far for you, perhaps they can send you a photocopy for a fee. nell

Louise

Louise Report 18 Jan 2005 09:02

Nell, You're a star. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Richard