Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Tree Maker 2005

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 17 Jan 2005 17:11

Hi Am thinking about buying the Collector's Edition of FTM 2005. It has several data Cds, just wondering if anyone has it, are they any good? see below for list

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 17 Jan 2005 17:12

12 CD-ROM SET 1 Year Free Subscription to Ancestry.com's* OneWorldTree 30 Day Free Subscription to Ancestry.com's* UK and Ireland Records Collection Printed Manual 11 UK Data CDs; English Parish Records, Scottish Parish Records, 1851 Census (selected Records), British Chancery Vol.1 & Vol. 2, Pallot's Marriage Index. Pallot's Baptism Index, Cambridge University Alumni and the 1891 London Census

Lucky

Lucky Report 17 Jan 2005 17:22

Hi Chloe, I got this from pcworld a couple of weeks ago, they had it in there for £34.99 The discs took a bit of sussing. I had to install three different viewers to use some of them, the others you view via the FTM programme. I would say it's definately worth the money. I like the programme too. Never used it before but it's nice and easy. Diane

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 17 Jan 2005 17:25

£34.99!! Wow! I saw it in their shop for £69.99 and on their site for £49.99. Are you sure we're talking about the same version? I have used FTM before, I was just wondering about the discs, and what exactly is on them. What do they mean by 'English Parish Records'? Thanks for the help though. Chloe

Heather

Heather Report 17 Jan 2005 17:52

They had a special thing on in their shops a few weeks ago, I know because I bought son a cd rom and was surprised when they knocked £15 off at the till. Give them a ring to see if its still going on.

Heather

Heather Report 17 Jan 2005 17:54

Hey, I just looked on their website and its says De Luxe edition £29.75 or in shop £29.95!!!! Boo hoo, I got my standard one for that.

Patricia

Patricia Report 17 Jan 2005 18:34

I use PAF and have no problem with it. However I was thinking of buying software also. The only thing that puts me off FTM is that it will only make a web site for geneaology.com. I want one to make a web site for my own web space as PAF does. But PAF has other features that I like. Still wondering what to do. Have a trial of Rootsweb and find that excellent but it won't generate a family history book. Why can't I find one I like that does everything!

Heather

Heather Report 17 Jan 2005 18:37

Yes Pat, the "own web site" is a slight pain. I have applied to google to have mine listed but not heard anything so far. I am still trying to work out how the rootsweb website offer works!

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 17 Jan 2005 19:09

Thanks for the replies. HAs anyone looked at what is on the discs? Are they any good? What is on the English Parish Record disc? Chloe