Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ww1 lists please help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynsey

Lynsey Report 17 Jan 2005 09:48

i am trying to find which regiment my great grandfather fought in during ww1. He did not die during the war but i dont know if you can get a list of soldiers anywhere. for rememberence day i know there was a website that listed everyone in ww2 but cant remember where it was. can anyone help me. his name was george crankshaw he was from manchester and he was born in 1884. if anyone can find him or give me a list of websites i would be most grateful. thankyou

Lynsey

Lynsey Report 17 Jan 2005 09:53

thanks yvonne i will take a look now.:-)

Joy

Joy Report 17 Jan 2005 09:58

www(.)1914-1918(.net) - incredible information there and help. Joy

Len

Len Report 20 Jan 2005 15:40

Lynsey, Just had a look thro my CD of Manchester City Battalions for WW1, thats the new army, no sign of your man there, but dont give up there were other Regiments besides the Manchester's East LANCS Lancashire Fusiliers Regards LEN