Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Bibles on 2nd handbook website...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nantwich

Nantwich Report 16 Jan 2005 22:12

Dear all A website I use for buying books has the following for sale, you never know they may ring a bell with someone!!!... www(.)abebooks(.)co(.)uk Family bibles...(names if mentioned) 1. BARLOW - Jane Barlow born 18/02/1837 + Edwin Barlow 2 .ELLIS - welsh language bible. Ellis family from Holywell 1829-1838. 3. HAWES- printed Cambridge 1820 4.NEALE - births and deaths 1864-1959 5. LITTLE- Little family from Fieldhead, Brampton and Kirkcambeck 6. PEARSON - Pearson Family history from 1775 to 1819. Rev George Pearson, Elizabeth Pearson 7.CAMPBELL, LEWIS and BOWEN families in Rhymney, Aberdare, Merthyr Tydfil, Penydarren and Cefn. Many family details are recorded - the times of death & the cause, where they were buried or married, together with ages, and unusual extra information. 8.HUTCHINSON - 3 pages of births. 9. MATTHEWS - inscription - Daniel Matthews His Book. Date of his death in 1864 10. FILDES - ingle page Family Register, with dates of the Fildes family marriages, births and deaths. Worth a look if they could be yours!! More to follow when I've time!!! Sarah

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 16 Jan 2005 22:40

Seriously Deborah?!

Jan

Jan Report 17 Jan 2005 08:24

Seems a good thread to add mine too. I found a bible belonging to Charles HERBERT, Norwich and Worcester in a charity shop last year. Jan