Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Tree Maker 2005 - missing person!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 16 Jan 2005 20:39

I have been diligently adding rellies to my newly purchased Family Tree Maker and want to print a standard descendant tree. When it generates, however, there is a person missing! All her brothers and sisters show up, in fact everyone else that should be there shows up it is just this lady and her children. I have checked all the views and the parents are correct so I don't know how the link has broken - has anyone any ideas? The software generates a text report with everyone intact too, it's just the chart views that lose her. It was wanting to know about this lady that started the whole thing off so I cannot lose her now!!! Thanks all. Steph.

Hawthorn

Hawthorn Report 16 Jan 2005 20:43

On my Family Tree Maker (a few years old now) there a facility to input the number of generations you want to show on the tree? If you have this facility, perhaps you haven't requested the correct number of generations . . . . . just a thought.

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 16 Jan 2005 21:08

Thanks Brian, Just had a look and you can indeed specify - but it was already set to 99 - uurghhh too scary! Seriously, if her brothers and sisters show up then surely she should too? Or perhaps I have the only copy that won't print names beginning with 'K' lol! I expect it is something simple so I'll keep trying. Thanks again. Steph,

Heather

Heather Report 16 Jan 2005 21:36

Hi, I guess you have checked out the help menu - I use that all the time and sometimes it actually makes sense. Otherwise, I would email FT and ask their advice.

Hawthorn

Hawthorn Report 16 Jan 2005 21:42

Would it be too much trouble deleting her name and putting it in again? Not a very technical suggestion . . . . but it might work!

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 16 Jan 2005 22:12

Hmmm, if I delete her I guess I'll lose two husbands, four children and umpteen grandchidren - and associated notes? I will keep that thought in mind though, I may be able to copy the text out and back in again, fiddly but still. Did check out the help pages so will also try e-mailing before I do anything drastic. Thanks very much for all your suggestions. Cheers.

♫Jilly McMad♫

♫Jilly McMad♫ Report 17 Jan 2005 02:09

Stephanie...just another wee thought for you.... Is this particular relation assigned to the parents as a natural child or were they adopted? On my Family Tree maker I originally put myself under my parents as adopted (cos I am!) and when I printed out my tree I had disappeared!!! Check what status the child is under the parents as... Jill x