Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Exporting GEDCOM

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deb

Deb Report 16 Jan 2005 18:06

Can anyone HELP! I can't export my gr tree to my family tree software, What should I do when the screen appears and says OPEN SAVE. the first time I tried save but could not retrieve the file and then tried again and selected open but message said could not find the program that created the file. HELP PLEASE. Thanks in advance, Debbie

Anne

Anne Report 16 Jan 2005 18:09

When you hit save it should let you choose where you want to save it to - mine goes automatically to "my downloads" but you can choose anywhere - even the desktop if you want, of a disk (A drive). As long as you know where you saved it to you should be able to find it again. Anne

Anne

Anne Report 16 Jan 2005 18:10

That should be OR a disk, not of, sorry. Anne

Deb

Deb Report 16 Jan 2005 18:16

I saved it to my documents and it was in there because I checked I then went to import option from my software, selected my documents but it was not there. I know im doing something wrong ( im still quite new to this) but i will keep trying, thanks for your reply. Debbie

Deb

Deb Report 16 Jan 2005 18:41

Thanks for your help, It was my mistake I forgot to select gedcom in "files of type" when I was trying retrieve the file, i'm off now to play with my new software. Debbie