Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry BMD Civil Registrations

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 16 Jan 2005 17:13

When I spend money on 1837 online, I always get details for those ancestors I know something about, but when I search on Ancestry..nothing I want comes up. I am searching for the death of my grandmother, Harriet Miller, nee Walker. I have her birth and her marriage certs, but can find no record of her death. We think she died between 1954-1965 in either Prescot or West Derby registration districts, but when you ask Ancestry for deaths in the years of the last century, nothing seems to be around after 1905. Are the civil registrations in Ancestry purely the ones in Free BMD or are they the official registrations as in 1837 online? BTW I have taken members advice and have joined Soc. Gen. I have spent my first afternoon there....so much stuff it is all quite daunting. I am going to ask if they do an introduction for new members next week.

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Jan 2005 17:16

Ancestry bmds are the same as FreeBMD. When you are searching ancestry civil reg if you look at the bar at the bottom of your screen you will see "freebmd" in the line. Both FreeBMD & Ancestry indexes have been transcribed from the index books 1837online is the images of the book pages. nell