Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Immigration pre 1836

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 16 Jan 2005 16:52

Can anyone tell me where to go to find some info on immigration pre 1836. I know my ancestor came to England from France sometime before 1836 and I'm sure there must be somewhere to find out! Thanks in anticipation Deb

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Jan 2005 17:22

Nothing on National Archives site about immigration from Europe at any time. Nothing there on naturalisation before 1844 either. nell

Anne

Anne Report 16 Jan 2005 18:07

The Hugenots came from France between 1685 and 1710 but perhaps this is a bit before the time you are looking at. They mainly settled in London. They were protestants who had been persecuted in France. Anne