Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can someone help with a marrage look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tinkers

tinkers Report 16 Jan 2005 12:22

i was wondering if someone could help me please henry meldrum born in sunderland 1832 to a prudence ?? she was born 1836 in sunderland i would like to find there marriage details but ive looked on the free bdm and couldnt find it i would like to find her last name can someone help please thank you anne

Smiley

Smiley Report 16 Jan 2005 12:29

This is the only one I can find, but there is a bride missing I'm afraid, checked FreeBMD & Ancestry, both the same Marriages Dec 1859 ---------------------------- Donnelly James Penrith 10b 520 Meldrum Henry Penrith 10b 520 Urquhart Margaret Penrith 10b 520 There was nothing for Sunderland

Helen

Helen Report 16 Jan 2005 12:36

No help with Prudence I'm afraid, but have you seen the IGI entry for the birth of a Henry Meldrum 2 Jul 1831, baptised 25 Oct 1831 to parents Robert & Elizabeth. This was at Corn Market Chapel in Sunderland.

Helen

Helen Report 16 Jan 2005 12:43

Think I might had got it. Checked out births of Prudences in Sunderland and found a Prudence Miller baptised 2 Dec 1836. Her parents were William Miller and Isabella MELDRUM. Looks like Henry may have married his cousin! Batch number is P002801.

Smiley

Smiley Report 16 Jan 2005 12:46

I looked on the IGI for a Prudence birth 1836 Sunderland, only one came up PRUDENCE MILLER Birth: 02 DEC 1836 Sunderland, Durham, England But strangely.. Parents: Father: WILLIAM MILLER Family Mother: ISABELLA MELDRUM

tinkers

tinkers Report 16 Jan 2005 12:47

hehe thanks for ur help im confused this is all new to me as ive not been doing this long lol anne

Smiley

Smiley Report 16 Jan 2005 12:47

MM..Same thought sequence eh Helen...LOL Do you have them on any census Anne? they were fairly easy to find

tinkers

tinkers Report 16 Jan 2005 12:55

hiya on 1871 census ive got henry meldrum and prudence meldrum maiden name unknown kids were isabella 10 daniel 8 and henry 4 anne

tinkers

tinkers Report 16 Jan 2005 12:57

ive got a isabella meldrum but born in 1861 so dose this meen henery meldrum mam was called isabella im getting reallllllllllyyyyyyy confused lol anne

Smiley

Smiley Report 16 Jan 2005 12:59

1891 Meldrum, Henry 60 Sunderland, Durham Head Bishop Wearmouth Durham Meldrum, Providence 50 Sunderland, Durham Wife Bishop Wearmouth Durham Meldrum, Dorothy 20 Sunderland, Durham Daughter Bishop Wearmouth Durham Meldrum, James 15 Sunderland, Durham Son Bishop Wearmouth Durham Providence is definitely Prudence on the image

Helen

Helen Report 16 Jan 2005 13:01

There's an Isabella Meldrum ch. 16 Apr 1799 in Malling Riggs, Sunderland. I think there's an error in the transcription of her parent's as her Dad is Ann Meldrum and her Mum is Mary. Alice ch. 11 May 1804 appears to be Isabella's sister. Parents John and Mary. Prudence's Mum was Isabella.

Helen

Helen Report 16 Jan 2005 13:30

Someone on records office board has Durham 1851/61 and will do lookups, he did one for me a few days ago. Might be able to find you more children for Henry and prudence.