Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help with death cert please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~~Ali~~

~~Ali~~ Report 15 Jan 2005 12:39

i cant find a death certificate or even anything about Zabiah Bennett (not sure if she took Cook as her married name as not sure if she married, but did have children with William Cook) where am i going wrong? see below for more details.

~~Ali~~

~~Ali~~ Report 15 Jan 2005 13:38

thanks! all the info i have is; Zabiah Bennett b.1880 born outside wedlock to Elizabeth Bennett b.1855 Elizabeths mother and father were Martha and Philip. Zabiah then had 3 boys with William Cook Snr, i dont know if they married; William Cook 17 feb 1915 - 3 nov 1989 Albert Cook 1919 - 1986 John Cook (died of flu along with Zabiah.) thins is all i have and not even sure how much is right. could any info be sent to me rather than posted here as i may lose the thread as i must do some house work. any help greatly appreciated!!!

~~Ali~~

~~Ali~~ Report 15 Jan 2005 13:49

oh ok i didnt know that! you learn soething new everyday! cheers!

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 15 Jan 2005 19:05

Do you think she died of the Spanish Flu, the pandemic just after WW1? Very young children tended not to fall ill which would account for how they survived. Deaths that recent are not likely to be on FreeBMD or Ancestry; your best bet is 1837online.

Louise

Louise Report 15 Jan 2005 19:30

This is her pre marriage on the 1901 census. Zabiah Bennett 21 Farnworth, Lancashire, England Boarder Farnworth Lancashire Robert Jackson 28 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Boarder Farnworth Lancashire Jessie A linehin (Unknown) 37 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Wife Farnworth Lancashire John linehin (Unknown) 40 Bolton, Lancashire, England Head Farnworth Lancashire Amy A Roberts 18 Farnworth, Lancashire, England Boarder Farnworth Lancashire Source information: RG13/3601 Registration district: Bolton Sub-registration district: Farnworth ED, institution, or vessel: 12 Folio: 20 Page: 31 Household schedule number: 198 From the original image it looks like her occupation was cotton weaver. Hope this helps. Louise

Louise

Louise Report 15 Jan 2005 19:36

And this is probably the same family on the 1881 census. No Elizabeth but there is a Zabiah Bennett. Do you think yours was named for this person - maybe an aunt? It's an unusual name. Martha Bennett abt 1830 Linkinghorne, Cornwall, England Head Farnworth Mary E. Bennett abt 1862 Linkinghorne, Cornwall, England Daughter Farnworth Philip Bennett abt 1864 Linkinghorne, Cornwall, England Son Farnworth Samuel Bennett abt 1867 Linkinghorne, Cornwall, England Son Farnworth Selena Bennett abt 1860 Linkinghorne, Cornwall, England Daughter Farnworth Zabiah Bennett abt 1863 Linkinghorne, Cornwall, England Daughter Farnworth Philip Hogg abt 1879 Farnworth, Lancashire, England Boarder Farnworth Source information: RG11/3815 Registration district: Bolton Sub-registration district: Farnworth ED, institution, or vessel: 11a Folio: 59 Page: 11

~~Ali~~

~~Ali~~ Report 15 Jan 2005 21:56

thank you for your help, yes zabiah in that info was her aunt and all other info correct. i will try all the tips and see where i get! thanks again!