Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

No birth found, 1881/91 census then nothing on 190

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sane Jayne

Sane Jayne Report 14 Jan 2005 22:00

On the 1881/1891 census records their is a William J Stubbington son of William and Ada Stubbington, born about 1877 in Plumstead, according to census record. Can anyone helpplease to locate his birth as cannot see anything on 1837 and alos cannot locate him on 1901 census. Could he have died young? Many Thanks. Jayne

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 14 Jan 2005 22:27

Hate to be the harbinger of bad news Jayne, but if you are searching on Ancestry, don't be too down hearted, lots of my rellies disappear, then reappear in later censuses. One time some one was able to give me page nos. etc, & I was able to locate the people using those (but only because I have the relevant censuses on disc.) Ancestry could not locate them in it's indexes at. Not good news, I know, but at least it means that all is not necessarily lost! LIZ

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 14 Jan 2005 22:33

Just had another thought along Tracey's lines. When I asked GRO to do a search for me, they said they would also look at all babies un-named at registration, it might be worth asking them to do a search, (it costs a little extra, but they can eliminate un-named babies if you have parents names, rather than you ordering lots of wrong certs. I think the law for registration in England is something like 21 days, 42 in Scotland, but my grand-dad was registered 4 months after he was born!

Sane Jayne

Sane Jayne Report 14 Jan 2005 23:31

The is a difficult one because I can't find a marriage for his parents first off. He is the eldest, then a sister called May who is registered as May Stubbington Father William Stubbington (B1852 in Upham), then mother Ada Stubbington Formerly Webb (b 1859 in USA!) Then furhter down the line and a few children later, my grand-father Arthur Thomas was born same father details, but mother is then shown as Ada Stubbington (formerly Wright!) So I had considered he was born out of the Stubbington wedlock but cannot find any other info that would tell me if he was a Webb or a Wright or maybe something else!? Records are good for this family going forward and I have searched quite a few years eirher side. Any further ideas anyone? I have been going round in circles for months and months and have got no further back on this Ada/William line? Or has anybody a disc that they could search of this line please. Many Thanks. Jayne

Sane Jayne

Sane Jayne Report 15 Jan 2005 00:15

Please can anyone find this lad on the 1901 or his birth? I am going round in circles. On this thread they say someone may beable to do a lookup on a disc they may have. Many Thanks in advance. Jayne

Irene

Irene Report 15 Jan 2005 00:35

Have you tried J William, my husbands g grandfather only known as Arthur was born Ebenezer Arthur, I looked for 2 years until I found his sister with his family in 1891 in London, unmarried so I knew that was their name, so I looked for her found it and got the certificate. Still no further finding Arthur so I save all the pages in 1837 for 3 years either side, this was the only one possible, once I had the birth I was then able to find them on the census but he was missing from 1871 possible in the army as g grandmothers marriage to a Arthur Wells was to an Army man every thing fits for our Arthur but the surname even the father and fathers occupation. I Can't find any other marriage for them, and now I have the death certificate to prove it was indeed Ebenezer Arthur, grandmother was present. It is worth it but it can take a bit of time. Good Luck Irene

Ceri

Ceri Report 15 Jan 2005 10:09

hi jayne ive checked just about everything i know, i also checked marys birth and there is no record of that either, i have the same problem with my great grand father there is no record of his birth but there is of his brothers and sisters???? and i have just had a thought do you think its possible they were adopted??? ceri