Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone know how to remove a name from tree?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 14 Jan 2005 18:42

I have my grandmother on twice,one name has all her connections,the other has a few. It wont let me delete the names. Any ideas,before I go mad. thanks.

Ange

Ange Report 14 Jan 2005 20:12

Hi Marion, Have just saw your question, hope this helps. On the left hand side of your screen, in the green insert, scroll down until you come to Help/FAQ.Click on this .Choose Removing relations and then follow the on screen instructions. Hope this works for you, it did for me. Angie.

The Hrt Man

The Hrt Man Report 14 Jan 2005 22:11

cut the tree down

David

David Report 14 Jan 2005 22:47

Marion, do you have your tree on a commercial genealogy program on your home computer eg Personal Ancestral File which you can download free from the LDS site? To correct the position on GeRe it's then simple to delete your GeRe tree and then export your home tree back in to GeRe. This way you not only use GeRe as an external back up to your home programme, but you get also get round the cumbersome GeRe amendment procedure.

Laurie

Laurie Report 15 Jan 2005 11:24

Sorry, but this gave me a good laugh - my husband had a fall out with his sister, and without my knowing he deleted her, so if it was difficult I'm glad about that. He must have worked out he had to delete her children too because they are also missing - will sneak them all back in after a little cooling down time. cheers Laurie