Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Excellent Site for Second-hand Local History Books

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Simon

Simon Report 13 Jan 2005 00:06

Just stumbled across this great site for purchase of second-hand and out-of-print local history books : http://www(.)oldlocalhistorybooks(.)com You can list the books for sale by county and there are often many many pages (for example Norfolk has 99 pages to wade through). If you like old books, or are looking for a local book that could have photos/descriptions of where your ancestors lived (or, fingers crossed, a photo of the rellie themselves) it could be worth checking out what's available. Simon

Simon

Simon Report 13 Jan 2005 00:07

I've also just noticed that you can register an interest in a particular area of subject, in case anything becomes available. Simon

JillGr

JillGr Report 13 Jan 2005 10:25

Simon, Thank you very much for this site - I've been searching for a book for over a year and they had it! Jill

Linda from Murton

Linda from Murton Report 13 Jan 2005 11:05

You could browse for hours. Brilliant site. Thank you.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 13 Jan 2005 11:39

Thank you Simon. I might be spending too much time there from now on. It looks really useful.