Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

filling in the gaps

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kaz

Kaz Report 12 Jan 2005 21:51

Hi, I'm new to this and having a few troubles, When you find relations from the past, say a great grandads sisters family how do you follow her family back to present day and find what children they had. Can anyone tell me any sites for Yorkshire census before 1901 or any good Irish ones. Any help is greatly appreciated

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Jan 2005 21:56

Karen Tracing people up to the present day is quite difficult - you need to go through the GRO indexes for births, marriages and deaths which can be very tedious. I've got a gt uncle called Charles Williams and because his name is so common I'm not even going to attempt to find his descendants. If you go to the homepage and scroll down you will find info about the censuses etc under "Getting Started". I don't think there is any Irish information available online and the only censuses for Ireland are 1901 and 1911. nell