Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1881 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tinkers

tinkers Report 12 Jan 2005 18:18

hello i was hoping someone might advise me please ill try and explain best way i can so please bare with meon the 1881 census i found someone im looking for it has the husband wife and 2 daughters then it has another lady with a different last name it says shes the mum so with her having a different last name does that meen she is the wifes mam cos i dont think she will b his mum cos last name if different

Twinklestar

Twinklestar Report 12 Jan 2005 18:20

EVERYBODY ON THE CENSUS RELATES TO THE HEAD SO SHE IS THE HEADS MUM HOPE THIS HELPS TRACY

tinkers

tinkers Report 12 Jan 2005 18:23

ok the surname dont match with the heads name so does this meen her last name could b a prievious marrage maybe thanks for advice

Wendy

Wendy Report 12 Jan 2005 18:23

I know in theory it should be relation to Head, but this is not always the case in practice. It could be the mother of the Head, in which case she had probably remarried, but I think it more likely to be mother-in-law. If you can find a marriage of the Head to a wife with that surname, you will find out which it is. Wendy

tinkers

tinkers Report 12 Jan 2005 18:25

i must b having a thick day today or something lol y didnt i think of that

tinkers

tinkers Report 12 Jan 2005 18:40

ive just look on family search igi thing and found a maiden name but the parents r totly different again its doing my head in lol