Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GEDCOM - cremations, ashes etc

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Matthew

Matthew Report 12 Jan 2005 11:47

I wondered if there is a standard way of recording the events of a cremation in GEDCOM. This would need to allow recording of details of a service held at a church and/or at a crematorium, and recording of details of the spreading or storage of ashes and rememberance details for "garden of remeberance" or wherever. I've been using the "Family Historian" software but it doesn't seem to offer exactly what I seem to need. Thanks, Matt

Judith

Judith Report 12 Jan 2005 12:51

Hi, I use Family Historian and have at least partially solved this by entering in 'Place' section of Cremation Event: Cremated at ...... following funeral at ........... Where there was a separate interment of ashes ceremony I entered this as a custom event for that individual.

Matthew

Matthew Report 12 Jan 2005 13:52

Judith, Thanks for the advice. Matt.