Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scotlands People are Upgrading!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 10 Jan 2005 14:06

Yes folks the site has been undergoing an upgrade since 11.30am so hopefully we will at last get access to those earlier census' that we have been promised for over a year!! Shaz x

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 10 Jan 2005 14:13

Shaz, here's hoping! We're probably expecting too much and it'll be just to add on the extra year, that they do every January. Fingers crossed though X Christine

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 10 Jan 2005 14:13

They said it wouldnt take long but I have been checking every 20 mins... LOL I'm worse than a child at Christmas :-) Shaz x

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 10 Jan 2005 14:19

Shaz, Thanks for that. Hope they are putting on the 1861 census. Desperate to find my great grandmother. Have her marriage, children and death but have been unable to find her birth. Fingers crossed. Jean x.

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 10 Jan 2005 14:24

Its Still down (sniff) Mind you Christine may be right and they may just be adding the extra year... I hope not :-( Fingers X and Toes X Shaz x

Cath.

Cath. Report 10 Jan 2005 16:43

It's 16.45 and it's still off !! Hopefully this means we will finally get some of the records we have been promised for the last two years.

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 10 Jan 2005 16:57

Good News!! :-) Lucia

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 10 Jan 2005 18:30

Well they are still offline!!! They have changed the message too. Oooh its looking hopeful I dont remember them taking this long last year when they added an extra year so now its Fingers, Toes and Legs all X Shaz x

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 10 Jan 2005 23:20

Well its still unavailable and I am starting to cramp up after sitting with everything crossed for so long. So I am off to my bed and I shall see what the morning brings!! If its up and running before 7am will someone with my number please ring me..... LOL Shaz x

♫Jilly McMad♫

♫Jilly McMad♫ Report 11 Jan 2005 00:47

Shaz....12.50 and Scots peeps still not one!!! looking good!!!! lol Jill x

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 11 Jan 2005 03:34

Right Shaz 3:34 and They ARE back but sorry, doesn't look like they've updated anything!! Not even the yearly stuff! Just as well I don't have your phone number....don't think you'd have been too happy getting woken up for that! LOL What a dissy!!! Christine

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 11 Jan 2005 13:33

Ok now I am annoyed!!! Whats going on?? This was their announcement.... In order to complete an upgrade to the site infrastructure that will result in improved performance, it may be necessary to take the site offline for about 20 minutes. This work will be undertaken between 1130 and 1330 GMT, Monday 10th January. Then they shut down to upgrade.... Then about 16 hours later.... They start up again and..... NOTHING!!!! OK this calls for immediate action.... Shaz x

Bob

Bob Report 19 Jan 2005 07:26

Announcement from 18.01.2005: In preparation for the new indexes and data to be released next week we are planning a further upgrade to our database servers. As such it may be necessary to take the site offline during this work, which is scheduled for completion between 1130 and 1330 GMT, Thursday 20th January.

Seasons

Seasons Report 19 Jan 2005 18:41

When I asked them some time ago about when other census records were going to appear - they said they'd found it a lot more difficult than expected and it was taking considerably longer than envisaged. The dates that appear are the ones that the GRO gave them which are widely optomistic - so don't hold your breath