Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Continued on next image

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 9 Jan 2005 22:39

I'm probably the only one but I've only just realised that on a census image, families are sometimes continued on the next page. On those censuses that haven't been transcribed its possible to miss some members if they are on the next image. Did everyone else know that and am I a complete dimwit?? Sarah

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jan 2005 22:46

Sarah I only found out when someone sent me an image and I found there were two pages - I'd seen a transcript of the first page of my Smoothys - there was gt gt grandpa & gt gt grandma and gt gt aunt their daughter. On the following page there was their eldest daughter, her husband and 3 of their children. Since the transcription had them down as Kine instead of Vine I would probably never have found them! nell

Sarah

Sarah Report 9 Jan 2005 22:47

Just wondering if I should recheck all those I've looked at to make sure I've not missed anyone. Oh My Goodness!!!! sarah

Heather

Heather Report 9 Jan 2005 23:20

I only recently realised how to look on the next page on ancestry!

Ann ♣

Ann ♣ Report 9 Jan 2005 23:52

Heather Maybe you could share it with me please as I don't know how to. thank you Ann

Heather

Heather Report 9 Jan 2005 23:54

Hi, Of course. When you go to look at the image of the census at the top right hand side is some icon with arrows - basically one going forward and one backwards. Just click on them! I thought it would be much more difficult than that, I was entering reference numbers and all sorts before!

Ann ♣

Ann ♣ Report 9 Jan 2005 23:56

Heather Thank you Ann

Deborah

Deborah Report 10 Jan 2005 10:01

Hi Sarah, Small tip. At the end of each'family' the enumerator usually marks this with a line or 2 lines, under the last name in the family, to the left of the name. (But not always) This is still done if the family runs to the end of the page. If you see these lines, you will not normally find any others on the next page, if not, always worth checking. Debbie