Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gravestone inscription resources?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kate

Kate Report 9 Jan 2005 17:40

Most of my ancestors stayed around the same area for at least 100 years, and I'd like to check the local churchyards and gravestones to see if any of them are buried there. Problem is that I'm not able to get there myself - so does anyone know of any resources that collect gravestone inscriptions? Or even better, online resources? Thanks!

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 9 Jan 2005 17:41

Hi Kate, Not much online but local family history societies collect MIs so contact the one for the county of your interest to see if they have them. There is usually a small charge. Gwynne

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 9 Jan 2005 17:44

Hi Kate Pop across to the Records Office board and have a look at the Graveyards - can you visit the one near you thread. There might be somone in the area you are researching who will look for you. I'll nudge the thread up to page 1 for you Jeanette x

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 9 Jan 2005 17:44

MIs?????

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 9 Jan 2005 17:46

Monumental Inscriptions :-) Jeanette x

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jan 2005 17:47

Gerri Monumental Inscriptions I think!!! lou x

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 9 Jan 2005 17:51

Also worth checking out is somewhere on this board there is a thread that details where people live and the graveyards they could check for you once you have references....Helen sorry spotted someone else said this too!! must put glasses on....lol

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 9 Jan 2005 17:56

Ooops, apologies. I could have sworn I saw "MI" on the original thread. Gwynne

Kate

Kate Report 9 Jan 2005 18:03

Thanks everyone! Looks like I've got some searching to do...